Hemming presses are widely used in automotive manufacturing for hemming of sheet-metal body components. The process uses traditional hydraulically operated ‘stamping presses’ to hem closure parts and being the last forming process in stamping, it determines the external quality of automotive outer parts such as doors, hood and trunk-lid.
Hemming press features and benefits
- Die storage systems
- Fully automatic die-changing systems with parameters that change with each die
- Pressing capacity typically 60 to 180 tons
- Large panel size capacity
- More than one part can be produced on same line
- Electric hemmers do not need hydraulic oil, are quiet and eco-friendly